The position has been filled!
Are you a Systems Engineer Storage / Backup looking for a new challenge?
As a Systems Engineer you will be an important part of the Operations Team. You will be involved in the design, operations, monitoring, patching and improvement of our Storage and Backup systems, helping our customers achieve the best performance and efficiency in their services.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a lot of ideas, ambition and a genuine interest in finding solutions for a variety of challenges. Experience from service delivery in complex IT infrastructure environments is a must, ideally from hosting providers, managed services or cloud providers. Our main storage implementation is Compellent, thus any experience you have from managing Compellent systems would be a merit. Our main backup system is Commvault so any previous experience would be a merit. Obviously we aim to virtualize as much as possible so experience from virtual environments, primarily VMware, is required. We deliver a variety of services based on a variety of operating systems to our customers, so a broad experience in connecting, troublehooting and managing storage and backups from different types of clients is required.
You will report directly to the VP Operations and be part of the Operations department.
Desired skills and experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience managing and operating storage and backup systems in shared environments
- ITIL experience is desired
- Knowledgeable in security standards, such as PCI DSS, ISO27001 and HIPAA
- Used to documenting and explaining solutions to both technical and non-technical persons
- Academic education is seen as a plus but not mandatory
- Relevant education in Storage and Backup
- Fluent in Swedish and English in speech and writing is a requirement
Professional skills and knowledge
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Pedagogic and humble towards colleagues and clients
- Structured and creative at the same time!
- DevOps experience would be considered a good merit
- A team player, positive, professional and social.
We sit in a new and modern office in Sickla.
Please send your application to Pelle Nilsson, VP Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org