As a Systems Engineer you are an important part of our operations team. You are involved in installing, operating, managing, patching and improving customer systems and applications as well as helping our customers achieve the best performance and efficiency in their systems.
You are committed, with ambition and a genuine interest in finding solutions for a variety of challenges. Experience from service delivery in complex IT infrastructure environments is a must, ideally from hosting providers, managed services or cloud providers. Further, experience in network, Windows, Linux server installation, management, operation, server roles, standard applications, AD, etc. is also an advantage, since our customers have many different requirements. In other words, you are an engineer with wide knowledge of operating and maintaining server systems with a focus on Windows.
We always try to automate as much as we can to improve efficiency and avoid human error, so experience in scripting is a plus. As we aim to virtualize as much as possible, experience from virtual environments, primarily VMware is needed.
As Systems Engineer you are a part of the Operations department and report directly to the IT Operations Manager.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience managing and operating Linux and Windows systems in shared environments
- Extensive experience in automation and large-scale operations of Windows systems and applications
- Good knowledge about common Windows server services/roles and applications, AD, IIS, etc
- Working in virtualized environments, primarily VMware
- Knowledge about common Linux services/roles and applications
- Knowledge about common network, such as routing, firewall, VPN
- Knowledge about security standards, such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001 and HIPAA is considered a merit
- Used to documenting and explaining solutions to both technical and non-technical persons
- Academic education is seen as an advantage
- Relevant Microsoft courses, such as MCP or equivalent
- Fluent in Swedish and English in speech and writing is a requirement
Professional skills and knowledge
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Pedagogic and humble towards colleagues and clients
- Structured and creative at the same time!
- A team player, positive, professional and social.
What 24 Solutions can offer you
You will join a small, relaxed and supportive team where all employees get the opportunity to thrive and grow within the organization. We support and offer opportunities for skills development.
We are located in a new and modern office in Sickla.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Kristian Roos, IT Operations Manager, email@example.com