As a Systems Engineer you will be an important part of our operations team. You will be involved in installing, operating, managing, patching and improving customer systems and applications as well as helping our customers to achieve the best performance and efficiency in their systems.
What we value?
We value that you are committed, with ambition and a genuine interest in finding solutions for a variety of challenges. Experience from service delivery in complex IT infrastructure environments is a must, ideally from hosting providers, managed services or cloud providers as is experience in network, Windows, Linux server installation, management, operation, server roles, standard applications, etc. since our customers have many different requirements. In other words, you are an engineer with wide knowledge in operating and maintaining server systems with a focus in Linux.
We always try to automate as much as we can to gain efficiency and avoid human error, so experience in scripting is a plus. Obviously, we aim to virtualize as much as possible so experience from virtual environments, primarily VMware is needed.
As Systems Engineer you are part of the Operations department and report directly to the IT Operations Manager.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience managing and operating Linux and Windows systems in shared environments
- Extensive experience in automation and large-scale operations of Windows systems and applications
- Good knowledge about common Linux server services/roles and applications, lamp stack and bash scripting
- Working in virtualized environments, primarily VMware
- Knowledge about common Windows services/roles and applications
- Knowledge about common network, such as routing, firewall, VPN
- Knowledge about security standards, such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001 and HIPAA is considered a merit
- Used to documenting and explaining solutions to both technical and non-technical persons
- Academic education is seen as a plus but not mandatory
- Fluent in Swedish and English
Professional skills and knowledge
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Pedagogic and humble towards colleagues and clients
- Structured and creative at the same time!
- A team player, positive, professional and social.
What we can offer
A possibility to grow within the organisation and to develop your own competencies. You work in a team that supports each other and in an organisation where your voice counts. We sit in a new, light office in Sickla.
Want to find out more about the role, contact Kristian Roos at email@example.com