As a Systems Engineer one is an important part of our operations team. One is involved in installing, operating, managing, patching and improving Windows systems and applications as well as helping our customers to achieve the best performance and efficiency in their systems.
As a Systems Engineer one is commited, with ambition and a genuine interest in finding solutions for a variety of challenges. Experience from service delivery in complex IT infrastructure environments is a must, ideally from hosting providers, managed services or cloud providers as is experience in Windows Server installation, management, operation, server roles, standard applications, AD, etc., since our customers have many different requirements.
We always try to automate as much as we can to gain efficiency and avoid human error, so one requires experience in scripting. Obviously we aim to virtualize as much as possible so experience from virtual environments, primarily VMware is needed.
As Systems Engineer you report directly to VP Operations and you are part of the department Operations.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience managing and operating Windows systems in shared environments
- Extensive experience in automation and large-scale operations of Windows systems and applications
- Good knowledge about common Windows services/roles and applications, Antivirus, AD, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge about security standards, such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001 and HIPAA is considered a merit.
- Used to documenting and explaining solutions to both technical and non-technical persons
- Academic education is seen as a plus but not mandatory
- Relevant Microsoft courses, such as MCP or equivalent
- Fluent in Swedish and English in speech and writing is a requirement
Professional skills and knowledge
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Pedagogic and humble towards colleagues and clients
- Structured and creative at the same time!
- A team player, positive, professional and social.
We sit in a new and modern office in Sickla.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Pelle Nilsson, VP Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org